Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this soup. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005. Chuck full of tender chicken chunks, pasta and three different kinds of vegetables. No one will suspect that the sensational soup relies on leftover macaroni and cheese or that recipe takes only a half hour to prepare.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the macaroni and cheese, whipping cream and velveeta. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the chicken and pepper; heat through.