Recipe by WaterMelon
This is an Asian way of having macaroni (we've never heard of mac and cheese!). Much lower in fat, much healthier! i came up with this when i was down with flu, and wanted something soup-y, healthy, yet totally delicious. Feel free to substitute chicken with shrimps/pork fillet
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pcs
- 2 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup dried scallops
- 1⁄4 cup dried anchovy (ikan bilis) (optional)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make chicken broth by dissolving the cube in right amount of water over medium heat (i used approx 5 cups) Add dried scallops and pre-soaked (10mins) anchovies into broth.
- In a small frying pan, once olive oil is heated, saute garlic until fragrant Brown the chicken fillets, seasoning with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Remove, once cooked and slice thinly.
- Using about 2-3 tablespoons of prepared broth, stir-fry the asparagus until tender-crisp Add sliced chicken and oyster sauce, stir-fry for 1 minute, then set aside.
- Add macaroni into simmering broth and let it cook for about 7 minutes (until al dente) Serve macaroni in soup, with stir-fried asparagus and chicken slices as topping.