Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a very easy old tried and true recipe. A hearty crock pot dinner that is cheap, easy and fillg. This fills my 6 quart crock pot...humm or is it an 8?
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole corn (undrained)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- Brown hamburger and onions in the oil.
- Combine all other ingredients in the crockpot (Except for the cheese)
- Cover and cook 1 hour on high then turn your crockpot to low and cook for an additional 4 hours.
- When finished cooking sprinkle the cheese on top and let sit in the cooker for about 5-10 more minutes until its all melted through.
This recipe would be good if the noodles weren't so soggy. This takes away for the meal. I could have just as easily made in on the stove top in a fraction of the time and the noodles would be firm.
This is a great recipe, however, I made many changes. I cooked the hamburg in some Worcestershire sauce for more flavor. I also used crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce, and I put a cup of both cheddar and mozzarella. The cooking times are also WAY off. I cooked on low for 3 hours and the pasta turned to mush. I suggest waiting to put the pasta in. There is no need to ever put it on high. ENJOY!
This was too saucy for our taste. Next time I would add more macaroni and more corn as the corn seemed to get lost in the recipe. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the oil to cook the ground beef. I also drained the corn. I used Splenda brown sugar as that is all I buy. I also topped with 2 cups of cheese as we love cheese. This also didn't take as long to cook for me. I cooked an hour on high and two hours on low. This was easy to put together and is made with ingredients I normally have on hand. With the changes I mentioned I think this would be really good.