Recipe by Tona C.
If my son Chris has a favorite recipe, this has to be the one. He always requests it for picnics and weekend get-togethers in the summertime
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells, cooked al dente and cooled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, cooled &, diced
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed (optional)
- 2 cups ready to eat ham, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni to al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of EVOO to prevent sticking. Cool to room temperature.
- When macaroni has cooled, add diced egg, cheese and ham. Stir together.
- Add peas if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Be sure to stir the salad before serving.