Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've never eaten there, and the item is off the menu now, but someone asked for this recipe and I tracked it down on another site. If it's not the same, it still sounds good to me, so I'm posting it and planning to make it soon as a vegetarian entree.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed (about 4-inch diameter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup finely sliced fresh raw spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into four half-inch thick rings
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced, and remaining yellow pepper, finely diced
- Brush the top and bottom of each mushroom with a little oil. Place face up on a platter (or baking sheet, if cooking indoors).
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, feta, basil, spinach, pepper and salt. Mix well. Divide the mixture in the center of each mushroom. Top with one of pepper ring and 1/4 of the grated Parmesan cheese. Place on grill with medium coals and cover grill or in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minute or until mushrooms are cooked and cheese is melted and filling is hot.
- Serve hot on bed of mixed greens and garnish with diced peppers. .