Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember where this came from, but you cant go wrong with pasta and a creamy cheese sauce in my book.
- 1⁄4 cup diced bacon
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped ham
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (about)
- 6 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- In large sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion and cook until soft. Add ham and heat through.
- Add cream and Gruyere cheese and bring to a boil. Gradually stir in pasta and return to a boil. Cook over medium heat 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened and sauce coats pasta. If mixture is too dry, add additional cream.
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix in 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and turn into 1 1/2- to 2-quart casserole. Top with bread crumbs and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is golden. Serve topped with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.