1/1 Photo of Macaroni & Goat Cheese
Karen in MA's Note:
This version of a classic, combines creamy goat cheese and nutty Parmesan. The macaroni is mixed with the cheesy sauce, and then topped with a Parmesan, thyme, breadcrumb, and goat cheese mixture. Serve with a green salad and loaf of crusty bread. This dish can be made several hours ahead of time; cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup packed grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- 2Add the macaroni and cook about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender, depending on the size of the pasta. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted and sizzling, stir in the flour to create a paste and cook 1 minute.
- 4Slowly add the milk, whisking to create a smooth sauce. Let cook about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the grated Parmesan and the goat cheese, whisking to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Use the olive oil to grease the bottom of a medium size gratin or baking dish, about 8 to 10 inches long.
- 7Place the drained macaroni in the dish and pour the cheese sauce on top, stirring gently to coat all the macaroni.
- 8In a small bowl, make the topping. Mix the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, thyme, and pepper. Spoon over the macaroni and top with the goat cheese.
- 9Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the pasta is hot.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 393.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: