Recipe by Angela Sara
This is from a really well used cookbook of mine called Good Meals on a Small Budget. One of the first books I bought while a student. Enjoy!!
- 6 ounces uncooked short cut macaroni
- 20 fluid ounces milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 ounces currants
- 2 ounces sultanas
- 1 ounce butter
- grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni as usual in water and salt (no oil).
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the beaten egg and the syrup.
- Add fruit and butter, mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pie dish, grate nutmeg over.
- Bake in a moderate oven (355F-gas mark 5) for 30 minutes.