Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really a great dish on cold days.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen cod fish fillet, partially thawed and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon salad oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart water
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In large Dutch oven or pot cook celery, onion, parsley, and cod in heated oil until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add water, tomato juice, and seasonings.
- Bring to full boil.
- Gradually add macaroni, cabbage and mixed vegetables, stirring frequently.
- Boil gently 9 to 12 minutes or until macaroni is tender.