Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick, comforting casserole. Good garnished w/ chopped tomatoes, sour cream and black olives
Make and share this Macaroni Fajita Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) jars salsa con queso
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 3⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Brown ground beef, peppers and garlic in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink; drain and place back into the skillet.
- Meanwhile cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- Add cooked, drained macaroni to drained cooked beef in the skillet; add 1/4 cup green onions, seasonings, salsa con queso, and 1/2 cup of the crushed chips; pour into the 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips and remaining 1/4 cup green onions. Evenly sprinkle with the cheese and cilantro.
- Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
I modified this a bit by making my own Cheese sauce instead of using the jarred sauce. I also slightly pureed the green and red peppers so that my toddler would eat it and I added chopped black olives to the mixture. It was a great dish that my toddler really liked and I felt guilt free with all the veggies in it. Thanks "Parsley" this will be in my family for years to come!
Very cheesy and very delicious! This is true comfort food. My family loved it. I will make again!
This was really full of cheese and very filling! I used 2 pounds of hamburger when I made mine. I can make this for DH and DS but my girls don't like a lot of cheese. thank you for sharing your recipe.