1/1 Photo of Macaroni Fajita Bake
A quick, comforting casserole. Good garnished w/ chopped tomatoes, sour cream and black olives
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) jars salsa con queso
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- 2Brown ground beef, peppers and garlic in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink; drain and place back into the skillet.
- 3Meanwhile cook macaroni according to package directions, drain.
- 4Add cooked, drained macaroni to drained cooked beef in the skillet; add 1/4 cup green onions, seasonings, salsa con queso, and 1/2 cup of the crushed chips; pour into the 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips and remaining 1/4 cup green onions. Evenly sprinkle with the cheese and cilantro.
- 6Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Fajita Bake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 118.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salsa con queso