Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just something that I came up with last Friday and my parents really loved it. I, however, had the feeling that it missed something, but can't say what. That's why I leave the recipe open to suggestions.
- 1 (1 lb) bag macaroni or 1 (1 lb) bag rigatoni pasta
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 box cream
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (I prefer PetitFour’s Mugal Garam Masala #49131)
- ground black pepper
- soy sauce
- salt (optional)
- Boil the macaroni and if ready before the sauce drain, add some olive oil so they dont stick and put aside.
- While the macaroni are boiling slice the chicken breasts into fine stripes, pour some soy sauce over them and leave for a couple of minutes.
- Peel the eggplant, cut it into 1/3 rings and then slice the rings into stripes.
- Heat some oil in a big saucepan; add the chicken and fry until half done Add the eggplant and sprinkle it with some more soy sauce, add the nutmeg, the garam masala and the black pepper.
- Cover and cook until eggplant softens up and is almost done; you may need to add some water so that it doesnt stick to the pan.
- Add the cream and boil uncovered at low heat until the mixture thickens to your taste; try and add some salt or more soy sauce if needed.
- Serve each portion of macaroni with a generous scoop of sauce on top.