Recipe by anonymous
No mayonnaise taste. Family favorite that originated from my grandma. Many do not prefer mayonnaise but still request this salad! Measurements below are not exact-will need to modify to achieve desired consistency. Time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked macaroni (rinse with cold water)
- 10 hard-boiled eggs (diced)
- 3 green onions (diced-cut with scissors)
- 4 cups Miracle Whip (buy a large jar, may use more)
- 1 -2 cup milk (will use more)
- 1 -2 carrot
- 1 -2 celery
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put carrots and/or celery in food processor to dice very small.
- To bowl add cooked macaroni, eggs, onions, carrots & celery-mix.
- In a separate small mixing bowl add 2 cups miracle whip and start to add a little milk and whip. Texture should be light and creamy, but not milky. Add as much milk as possible without making too thin.
- Add part of mixture to macaroni and stir. Do not add too much, you will need to add more later.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate over night. Pasta will be dry. Add more miracle whip and milk mixture, as desired.