Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
No mayonnaise taste. Family favorite that originated from my grandma. Many do not prefer mayonnaise but still request this salad! Measurements below are not exact-will need to modify to achieve desired consistency. Time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked macaroni (rinse with cold water)
- 10 hard-boiled eggs (diced)
- 3 green onions (diced-cut with scissors)
- 4 cups Miracle Whip (buy a large jar, may use more)
- 1 -2 cup milk (will use more)
- 1 -2 carrot
- 1 -2 celery
- salt and pepper
- Put carrots and/or celery in food processor to dice very small.
- To bowl add cooked macaroni, eggs, onions, carrots & celery-mix.
- In a separate small mixing bowl add 2 cups miracle whip and start to add a little milk and whip. Texture should be light and creamy, but not milky. Add as much milk as possible without making too thin.
- Add part of mixture to macaroni and stir. Do not add too much, you will need to add more later.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Refrigerate over night. Pasta will be dry. Add more miracle whip and milk mixture, as desired.