Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I like to serve this individually on a lettuce line plates with a sandwich.
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, cook,cold water rinse and drain
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Dice 3/4 of the cucumber and save remainder for garnish.
- Mix the macaroni, cucumber, celery and onion together.
- Make a dressing of the salt, pepper, dill weed, vinegar and oil.
- Toss with the macaroni mixture.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Coarsely chop 4 of the eggs and halve the other 4.
- Add the chopped eggs and mayonnaise to the macaroni mixture.
- Mix lightly.
- Arrange salad in a lettuce-lined bowl and garnish with the halved eggs and reserved cucumber slices.
This was a very nice, light, refreshing macaroni salad. Great for summertime outdoor eats. The cucumber and dill make it. Thanks for the post.
I really loved this macaroni salad. I added just a pinch of sugar, but did nothing else different. I loved the dill flavor. Dill goes so well with cucumbers. This is a keeper. Thanx!
Made this for Labor Day weekend block party and it was a total hit. The dill gives it an extra special touch. The only thing different I did was add a bit more mayo....otherwise its a winner!