Recipe by Manda
My mom has been making this salad for years. It is a lighter, more "summery" macaroni salad with a flavor that is quite different from that of traditional macaroni salad. Great for summer BBQs!
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimientos (optional)
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- salad greens (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water, drain, and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
- Combine with macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving.
- Serve on top of salad greens or from bowl.