Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom has been making this salad for years. It is a lighter, more "summery" macaroni salad with a flavor that is quite different from that of traditional macaroni salad. Great for summer BBQs!
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped pimientos (optional)
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- salad greens (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water, drain, and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, celery seed, salt, and pepper.
- Combine with macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving.
- Serve on top of salad greens or from bowl.
We've always made this recipe adding 1-2 cans flaked tuna. It makes a complete cold meal for a hot summer day. Try it!
I lost my recipe and this is the only mac.salad I will make...thank goodness you posted.....love it! thanks
I was hoping this recipe was posted. This is the only macaroni salad my mom ever made and I love it, especially the next day after it sits for awhile and the flavors combine. My mom's recipe calls for 2 cups dry macaroni, 1/3 cup of Mayo and 1 tsp lemon juice, but basically it's the same recipe as here. Thanks for posting! I hope others try this different and tasty macaroni salad!