Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living; I don't like heavily mayonnaised pasta salads, but 1/2 cup is a little dry for even my liking. I add a couple more tablespoons. Add as much as you like.
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped (I use 1/4 c. chopped)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I add a couple more tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Prepare macaroni according to the package directions; drain and let cool.
- Add cooled macaroni and remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl; stir gently to combine.
- Cover and chill several hours; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle with paprika right before serving, if desired.
Just made this salad tonight and took a taste before I put it in the frig for tomorrow's lunch. Really liked the taste. Should even be better after a few hours of refrigeration. Added a little Old Bay and a pinch of dried dill. Yummy!
Easy to make and very tasty! I used red onion for color and the bacon and crabmeat together is delicious!!