Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a huge hit. I have been making this for years. It is easy, quick and always a favorite!
- 1 (7 ounce) box macaroni, rings
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Cook macaroni as directed on box and cool.
- Add shredded cabbage and rings together.
- Mix mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- You may leave out the green peppers if you don't like that flavor.
I have to be a bit conscious of saturated fat and sugar and this recipe accomodates those requirements quite easily. I made "yonaise" (1/2 mayo, 1/2 yogurt) and reduced the sugar by half. It was delicious.