Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for the freezer, easy to reheat. Just add a slice of bread with butter and you're good to go. My version is only 11 grams of fat, the regular is 20 grams.
- 2 lbs ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 31 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juices chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2⁄3 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In large skillet cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is browned. Drain.
- In large dutch oven pour in meat mixture, add beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes with juices, marcaroni, water, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes more or until the macaroni is tender but firm.
- Place in containers, sprinkle with cheese and freeze.
delicious and super easy
Really good! Ate right away, so don't know how it freezes, but we liked the noodles al dente for the health benefits. I used ground venison and whole wheat noodles and didn't even feel the need for cheese. Thanks for posting!