Great for the freezer, easy to reheat. Just add a slice of bread with butter and you're good to go. My version is only 11 grams of fat, the regular is 20 grams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 31 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juices chopped
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2/3 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1In large skillet cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is browned. Drain.
- 2In large dutch oven pour in meat mixture, add beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes with juices, marcaroni, water, chili powder and cumin.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Cover and simmer about 10 minutes more or until the macaroni is tender but firm.
- 5Place in containers, sprinkle with cheese and freeze.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Chili - Oamc
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.7
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 639.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.4 g