- 2 lbs ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 31 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juices chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2⁄3 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet cook ground beef, onions and garlic until beef is browned. Drain.
- In large dutch oven pour in meat mixture, add beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes with juices, marcaroni, water, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes more or until the macaroni is tender but firm.
- Place in containers, sprinkle with cheese and freeze.