Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a great recipe from the back of a Creamette elbow macaroni box. I often use chopped pecans instead of the almonds. (I'm more likely to have those on hand.) Also, I briefly blanch the broccoli before adding it to the recipe. It's also delicious warm, if you don't want to wait for it to chill.
- 226.79 g creamette elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 473.18 ml cubed cooked chicken
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli florets
- 2 (623.68 g) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 226.79 g bottle honey mustard dressing
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Cook macaroni as package directs; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except almonds; mix well.
- Top with almonds.
- Cover; chill thoroughly.
- Serve on lettuce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Very nice salad! I used #45529 honey mustard dressing, which made just enough dressing. I used frozen broccoli florets and just ran hot water over them to thaw. I used walnut pieces and didn't toast them. We really enjoyed this for lunch--thanks. Carole in Orlando