Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
When you're looking for easy comfort food, this dish should hit the spot. I used to make something like this with ground beef and more cheese. This version should be a little healthier.
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Do not drain)
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2-1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Use different shapes than elbow macaroni for variety. Drain in colander.
- Mixed together tomatoes and corn in the pan in which the macaroni was cooked.
- Add shredded cheese and thoroughly drained macaroni. Add salt and/or pepper if desired (I add a little pepper but no salt; there is plenty of salt in the tomatoes).
- Spread evenly in a 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with sliced cheese, using more if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 45 minutes. Serve hot.