Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was on a local cooking show the other day and looks like it will be a good and EASY recipe any potluck event.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 dozen egg, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black olives
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits (real bacon ones)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Dice onions, slice olives, cube cheese, and cut eggs in big chunks.
- Add all onions, olives, cheese ,and eggs to macaroni one at a time.
- Combine mayonnaise and dijon mustard.
- Toss into macaroni salad.
- Add bacon bits and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well to mix.
- Refrigerate to chill.
Made for your *Wk 13 Football Pool Win* , this M&C salad is full of flavor, texture & my fave ingredients. I have 2 mouths to feed here & 1 of them prefers potatoes to pasta, but will eat it w/me since I love it so much. That said ~ I made a 1/4 recipe of this & it made a lot! If this is meant to feed roughly 4-5, then they must be teenagers w/empty legs! I did have to use a med-size shell pasta & shredded cheddar because they were what I had. 1 of the things I esp like about this salad is that it is not swimming in mayo like so many of its genre. In fact, I found it a bit dry, in need of more mayo & also in need of a fair amt of S&P. BUT both mayo + the S&P are so much matters of pers pref that it works well to be able to adjust for them vs accept an excess. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. I liked it a lot. :-)