christina white's Note:
Delicious pasta salad with cheese cubes, bacon, peas and seasonings. An adaptation of an original recipe from a cookbook of the Junior League of Lynchburg, VA entitled Good Cookin' From the Heart of Virginia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared hot spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2Rinse with cold water; drain.
- 3Combine macaroni, cheese, onions, celery and green pepper; set aside.
- 4Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings.
- 5Pour over macaroni mixture and stir gently.
- 6Add thawed peas and bacon and parsley to macaroni.
- 8Sprinkle salad with paprika and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: