Prep 30 mins
Cook 13 mins
Delicious pasta salad with cheese cubes, bacon, peas and seasonings. An adaptation of an original recipe from a cookbook of the Junior League of Lynchburg, VA entitled Good Cookin' From the Heart of Virginia.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄8 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared hot spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine macaroni, cheese, onions, celery and green pepper; set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and seasonings.
- Pour over macaroni mixture and stir gently.
- Add thawed peas and bacon and parsley to macaroni.
- Sprinkle salad with paprika and serve.
This salad is wonderful! I did add hard boiled eggs and red pepper for additional color. I was looking for a different macaroni salad and this fit the bill! Beverly 7