Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Popovers are so delicate and delicious. I frequently add grated cheese to mine, so I figured they would be great with macaroni and cheese. The best tip I ever got when it comes to making popovers is to never, ever open the oven door while they cook. It could cause your beautiful popovers to collapse. Another key to success is to preheat your empty popover or muffin tins and work quickly to get the filled pans back in the oven. Also, I've always gotten the best results by using all ingredients for the batter at room to lukewarm temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Crack the eggs into the pitcher of a blender. If your blender will not accommodate all of the ingredients, cut the recipe in half and blend in two batches.
- 3Microwave the milk until it is lukewarm.
- 4Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and add to the blender.
- 5Add the flour to the blender, 1/2 cup at a time, blending for a few seconds between additions. When all the flour has been added, blend for another 15 seconds. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- 6While batter rests, place your popover pan or extra large muffin tin in the oven for 5 minutes to preheat it.
- 7Place the Simply Macaroni & Cheese in a medium bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes to take the chill off.
- 8Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven and quickly brush the insides of the cups with melted butter, using a pastry brush.
- 10Pour a small amount of batter into the bottom of each cup to a depth of about 1/4 inch.
- 11Spoon the warmed Simply Macaroni & Cheese into the center of each cup, about 1/4 cup per popover.
- 12Pour in the remaining batter, equally dividing it among the cups and filling them to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- 13Bake in lower 1/3 of oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes. Do not open the oven door during baking as this may cause the popovers to collapse.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese Popovers #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Macaroni & Cheese