I actually made this as one of those dinners where I hadn't been shopping and used what I had in the kitchen. It is actually our very favorite mac and cheese and I've tried many.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta to al denta. Set aside.
- 3Dice onion and bacon and saute in medium to large pot until slightly crisp.
- 4Add 3 Tbsp of flour and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. While doing that, heat the milk in the microwave for a few minutes till hot, but not boiling.
- 5Add the milk slowly while stirring. Then, add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese. Grate the parmesan in next ( to taste ), salt, pepper, and nutmeg. ( I used 3 quick dashes of the nutmeg ).
- 6Allow sauce to cook over low heat until all the cheeses are melted.
- 7Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, and in a small bowl, combine bread crumbs with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 8Once the sauce is blended well, pour it over the cooked pasta and mix together well.
- 9Pour mixture into casserole dish and top with breadcrumb mixture. Dot top of that with butter.
- 10Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese ( My Favorite )
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.4
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 557.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 22.9 g