Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
All Most Guilt free comfort food!
- 8 ounces creamettes macaroni (low chol. or low salt)
- boiling water
- morton lite salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-cholesterol butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups grated low-fat cheese (Suggestion, Alpine Lace American, DELICIOUS) or 2 cups low-cholesterol cheese (Suggestion, Alpine Lace American, DELICIOUS)
- Boil macaroni in salted water, according to package.
- Set oven at 375°F.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour, mix until smooth.
- Add milk.
- Stir constantly until smooth and thick.
- Add cheese, add additional salt (if desired) and pepper.
- After mixture is thick and smooth, add cooked macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish. (Make sure you use low cholesterol oil), OR spray with PAM.
- Top with slices of low cholesterol cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take off aluminum foil or lid and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
was looking for a low chol recipe and found this..it was fine but a bit too simple that I'd have to perk up the taste next time.