1/1 Photo of Macaroni & Cheese ( Low Cholesterol)
All Most Guilt free comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces creamettes macaroni (low chol. or low salt)
- boiling water
- morton lite salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low-cholesterol butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups grated low-fat cheese (Suggestion, Alpine Lace American, DELICIOUS) or 2 cups low-cholesterol cheese (Suggestion, Alpine Lace American, DELICIOUS)
- 1Boil macaroni in salted water, according to package.
- 3Set oven at 375°F.
- 4Melt butter in saucepan.
- 5Add flour, mix until smooth.
- 6Add milk.
- 7Stir constantly until smooth and thick.
- 8Add cheese, add additional salt (if desired) and pepper.
- 9After mixture is thick and smooth, add cooked macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- 10Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish. (Make sure you use low cholesterol oil), OR spray with PAM.
- 11Top with slices of low cholesterol cheese.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven and take off aluminum foil or lid and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese ( Low Cholesterol)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 239.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: