3 hrs 15 mins
Burgundy Damsel's Note:
Found this in a crock pot recipe cookbook somewhere. It doesn't actually contain any cheese, but the sauce has the same consistency of homemade macaroni and cheese, so I think that's where the name came from. Pretty good recipe as is, but excellent with a container of cottage cheese mixed in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni. Drain and toss with spinach.
- 2Saute onion 5 minutes in olive oil.
- 3Grind cashews to powder in blender. Add water and blend until smooth.
- 4Add beans, lemon juice and spices and blend until smooth.
- 5Pour sauce over spinch and pasta and mix well.
- 6Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low 3 hours. (May also bake in a 350* oven until bubbly.)
- 7Sprinkle with bread crumbs before serving.
- 8If desired, add 16 oz of cottage cheese to the pasta and spinach mixture in the first step for a richer, creamer consistency.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 209.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 22.8 g