Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in a crock pot recipe cookbook somewhere. It doesn't actually contain any cheese, but the sauce has the same consistency of homemade macaroni and cheese, so I think that's where the name came from. Pretty good recipe as is, but excellent with a container of cottage cheese mixed in!
- Cook macaroni. Drain and toss with spinach.
- Saute onion 5 minutes in olive oil.
- Grind cashews to powder in blender. Add water and blend until smooth.
- Add beans, lemon juice and spices and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over spinch and pasta and mix well.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low 3 hours. (May also bake in a 350* oven until bubbly.)
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs before serving.
- If desired, add 16 oz of cottage cheese to the pasta and spinach mixture in the first step for a richer, creamer consistency.