Recipe by Juenessa
This is a recipe passed down from my Grandmother. Our family loves this comforting side dish.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Moist and very cheesy. I was a little short on sour cream so used about 1/4 cup yogurt. Used all lowfat products except cheese. Don't know that I'd call this mac and cheese exactly, more of a baked noodle dish. Had a tangy bite, and the cottage cheese chunks were evident which I expected the kids to balk at, but they all loved it!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Add shredded cheese, mixing well.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.