This is a yummy macaroni cheese bake that is a little different to the norm from womens weekly cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pasta elbows
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1/2 cup canned drained corn kernel
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1oil deep ovenproof dish.
- 2cook pasta in pan of boiling water uncovered til just tender.
- 3drain rinse pasta under hot water drain.
- 4heat oil in pan cook onion garlic and capsicum til onion soft.
- 5combine onion mixture pasta corn zucchini and cheese sauce in bowl mix well
- 6place in prepared dish.
- 7brush pastry with egg yolk cut into 1 cm strips place strips over filling in lattice pattern.
- 8press gently against edge of dish.
- 9trim edges.
- 10bake in moderately hot oven about 15 min til pastry is browned.
- 11cheese sauce.
- 12melt butter in pan.
- 13stir in flour.
- 14stir over heat til bubbling.
- 15remove from heat gradually stir in milk stir over heat til sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- 16stir in cheeses and parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Cheese Bake
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 675.9
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 572.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g