Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
I always loved it when my mom would make macaroni, cheese and hot dogs when I was young. As I grew up, I found that I liked it to be cheesier than she made it. I have been making this recipe for years and most everyone who has tried it really likes it. It is easy to make and my kids really enjoy having it for lunch.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) boxkraft macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices American cheese
- Fill a medium sized pot with hot water about half way.
- Put the water on the stove at high heat.
- Add box of Kraft macaroni and cheese dinner.
- Cut up the hod dogs into 1/4 pieces and drop in the water.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Once the water boils, reduce the heat and continue to cook until the macaroni is tender.
- Drain water.
- Place pot back on the stove on very low heat.
- Add margarine and milk.
- Add slices of cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- After cheese melts, add cheese sauce packet that comes with the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner.
- Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy.
Oh wow. If you like cheesy this is it. Perfect for kids, but I loved it too. Cooking the hot dogs with the noodles gives it that extra flavor kick. Mmmm yummy.
I used the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese "Thick & Creamy". The American cheese made this super cheesy and total comfort food. Instead of boiling the hot dogs, I grilled them. I also served the sliced hot dogs on the side for those who wanted to add them (my niece does not eat hot dogs). Thanks for a super easy recipe.