I always loved it when my mom would make macaroni, cheese and hot dogs when I was young. As I grew up, I found that I liked it to be cheesier than she made it. I have been making this recipe for years and most everyone who has tried it really likes it. It is easy to make and my kids really enjoy having it for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a medium sized pot with hot water about half way.
- 2Put the water on the stove at high heat.
- 3Add box of Kraft macaroni and cheese dinner.
- 4Cut up the hod dogs into 1/4 pieces and drop in the water.
- 5Bring everything to a boil.
- 6Once the water boils, reduce the heat and continue to cook until the macaroni is tender.
- 7Drain water.
- 8Place pot back on the stove on very low heat.
- 9Add margarine and milk.
- 10Add slices of cheese.
- 11Stir until cheese melts.
- 12After cheese melts, add cheese sauce packet that comes with the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese dinner.
- 13Stir until everything is well mixed.
- 14Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni, Cheese and Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 1195.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g