1/1 Photo of Macaroni & Cheese a La Andre
Andre B's Note:
I like this recipe as it is easy to prepare and very tasty. I have a combination microwave oven and the entire dish is prepared in the microwave. You could use a regular oven instead with the same result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 259 g macaroni (cooked)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 50 ml butter
- 50 ml all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 extra large eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 5 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Mix the chopped onion & bacon and cook in butter until soft.
- 2Sprinkle onions with the flour and mix together and cook for a further minute.
- 3Remove from the heat and slowly add the milk while stiriing, cook until the sauce thickens.
- 4Off the heat add the cream and eggs and parsley.
- 5Add 1 cup of cheese to the mixture. Season the sauce with Salt & Pepper Mix the sauce with the macaroni .
- 6Grease a suitable oven proof dish.
- 7Place a layer of tomato slices on the base of the dish.
- 8Pour the macaroni mixture into the dish.
- 9Sprinkle rest of the cheddar cheese on top.
- 10Place rest of tomato slices on top and top with the parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 min until lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese a La Andre
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.7
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 300.0 mg
- Sodium 697.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 37.6 g