Recipe by Jessi Garcia
This is a nice light meal. It has alot of fat free products that do not take away from the great flavor. This is a great light meal or side dish, enjoy!
Top Review by kborchert
Very enjoyable comfort food the weight watchers way. My only suggestion would be to cut back or eliminate the dijon mustard. Hung around after the meal a little longer than I qwould have liked.
- 12 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 Degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding).
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese and simmer until cheese melts; stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well.
- Tranfer to a 4 quart casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.