Jessi Garcia's Note:
This is a nice light meal. It has alot of fat free products that do not take away from the great flavor. This is a great light meal or side dish, enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat over to 350 Degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside.
- 4Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until tiny bubbles appear just around the edges (known as scalding).
- 5Reduce heat to low, add cheese and simmer until cheese melts; stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 6Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well.
- 7Tranfer to a 4 quart casserole dish.
- 8Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta.
- 9Bake until top is golden, about 30 minutes.
- 10Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 375.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g