Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's an easy, basic macocheese (as we call it in our house). Comfort food all the way. We like it with salad and maybe some steamed broccoli, if we're so inclined. This is good on a rainy Autumn evening.
Top Review by RachelRoo
I made 1/4 of this recipe (one serving), using Penne pasta instead of elbow macaroni. Maybe it would have worked better with the smaller pasta, but I found that the cheesy sauce mostly stuck to the bottom of the pan rather coating the pasta. I guess it tasted O.K., because my boys ate it anyway. I just was disappointed that, despite adding the ingredients exactly as listed, this recipe did not turn out "creamy."
- 1 lb small elbow macaroni
- boiling salt water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1 lb.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Following package directions, cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Melt butter in pot over medium-high heat, add milk, drained macaroni, cheese and paprika.
- Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.