Recipe by barbacious
This came from my daughters home-ec class. It is so much better than what comes from a box.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This got mixed reviews at my house. Some liked it and some didn't. This was easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I did add pepper and I think it could have used a bit more milk to thin it out.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 6 cups water to boil in large pot.
- Add macaroni and boil 6-8 minutes.
- In annother pot, over medium heat, slowly melt the butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir flour and salt into melted butter until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add milk, stirring to avoid lumps.
- Return pan to heat.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Add cheese.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Add macaroni and stir.