Top Review by Brenda7
This was a quick & easy recipe to make for a family gathering. I doubled the recipe exactly & added a bit more flour. Instead of the cheddar, I used velveeta cheese. Perfect. (Just ask my 3 boys)
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, drain.
- In saucepan melt butter, stir in flour, salt pepper and add milk and cook, while stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- Combine macaroni and sauce in buttered casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake in 350 oven for 30 mins.
- Can sprinkle with a little paprika to aid in browning some.