Recipe by mortar&pestle
Totally kid friendly, and lacto-ovo vegetarian friendly - I generally spruce it up with bacon, pancetta, chorizo etc. Anything you want to add you can.
- 500 g elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (extra)
- salt & pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring to the boil a pot of water, add a dash of saly and olive oil to prevent pasta sticking together.
- Add macaroni and cook per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt until bubbling.
- Add flour and stir to create a roux by cooking until golden.
- Slowly add milk to saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- Continue adding milk and stir continually until thick and smooth.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until melted inches.
- In a casserole dish combine cooked pasta and cheese sauce, mix well until all pasta is coated. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese and grill until browned.