Totally kid friendly, and lacto-ovo vegetarian friendly - I generally spruce it up with bacon, pancetta, chorizo etc. Anything you want to add you can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring to the boil a pot of water, add a dash of saly and olive oil to prevent pasta sticking together.
- 2Add macaroni and cook per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- 3Add butter to a saucepan and melt until bubbling.
- 4Add flour and stir to create a roux by cooking until golden.
- 5Slowly add milk to saucepan and whisk until smooth.
- 6Continue adding milk and stir continually until thick and smooth.
- 7Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until melted inches.
- 8In a casserole dish combine cooked pasta and cheese sauce, mix well until all pasta is coated. Season to taste.
- 9Sprinkle with extra cheese and grill until browned.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.5
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 250.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g