This recipe for Macaroni Cheese is SUPER QUICK to make, and soooooooo delicious too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons cornflour (mixed to a paste with a small amount of water)
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE
- 1Make the CHEESE SAUCE: Put the cheese and milk in a pan and heat.
- 2As soon as it starts to rise, add the cornflour (mixed to a paste with a little water).
- 3Stir until thick.
- 4Now make the TOMATO SAUCE: Fry the onion until brown.
- 5Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer gently.
- 6Add herbs and spices, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 7Cook 1 300g packet of Macaroni in the usual way.
- 8Layer the Macaroni, Cheese Sauce, and then the Tomato Sauce in a casserole dish- (I usually finish with a layer of Macaroni, though it doesn't really matter what layer you finish with).
- 9Top with grated cheese and bake at 180'C (350'F) until brown on top (approximately 20 minutes) VOILA.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 765.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g