Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my sister's recipe. It's easy, quick, and full of vegetables! A very tasty pasta dish! If you like a little bite, add more cayenne pepper!
- 500 g macaroni
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 946.36 ml sliced mushrooms (roughly, one brown mushroom bag full)
- 2 (880 g) can condensed tomato soup
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese
- 500 g grated low-fat cheese, extra
- To a saucepan of boiling water, add macaroni and olive oil. Boil until macaroni is JUST tender. Do not over cook it. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, place onions, capsicums, mushrooms, and zucchini. Sprinkle with a little water, cover, and cook over a medium heat until tender.
- To the vegetables, add the soup, 1 can of water, and cayenne. Bring to the boil.
- Add 500g cheese, mix through.
- Add macaroni, mix all together, pour into a large baking dish.
- Cover with extra cheese, and bake at 180C for around 30 minutes, or until cheese has started to brown.
I made half the recipe. I used 1 red bell pepper. I had to omit the mushrooms cause they turned bad. I didn't use cayenne pepper because my son would have find it too spicy. I used mozzarella cheese and a leftover of strong cheddar. I added just a little bit of dried oregano and basil. Thanks Sara. That's really good. Even my son loved it. Made for the Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
A lovely family friendly recipe that certainly fills you up! I couldn't bring myself to use one kilo of cheese!! so used some panko crumbs mixed with Parmesan and a bit of olive oil. I think some cream cheese would be nice mix in to. Tonight I served with garlic bread.
This was a hit with both adults and toddler in our house (easy on the cayenne). A HUGE amount of food, and a simple and slightly different recipe. It also froze and microwaved well. Definitely having this again!