1/1 Photo of Macaroni & Cheese
Mmmm...rich, cheesy, and comforting! I have successfully cut this recipe in half for my family of four and we still have leftovers, so the servings are quite generous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni about 5 minutes and drain.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan.
- 3Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute.
- 4Gradually whisk in milk and add salt, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until thicked and just beginning to boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- 9Stir in macaroni and transfer to greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 734.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g