Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple and tastey vegetarian dish. A great winter meal served with roast potatoes and vegetables. Amount of cheese is at your discretion, but I prefer more than less
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can casserole mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- Heat oil and saute onion.
- Add casserole mince, tomato sauce,carrot, cheese, and basil.
- Mix well and spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin or casserole dish.
- Combine cottage cheese, milk,flour, and salt.
- Add the cooked macaroni, and mix well.
- Pour over casserole mince layer.
- Bake 180 C for 60 minutes.
- Stand for approx 10 minutes before turning out onto a warm plate.
Haven't tried this out, but sounds like an interesting change from the usual macaroni-and-cheez. Will rate after trying it out. Thanks.