Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe in the magazine All You. Tore the page out and lost it! I found it today so now I am posting so I don't lose it again! Have not made this yet, but plan to once the weather gets cooler. Sounds like it would be really good on a cool day.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups packed)
- pepper, to taste
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta, stirring often, for 7 minutes.
- Transfer 1 cup of pasta cooking water to a bowl. Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add broccoli to pasta in pot and continue cooking until pasta is al dente, about 4 more minutes.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and return them to the pot. Add cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Season with pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix crushed crackers with remaining cheddar cheese and sprinkle on top of pasta.
- Bake until top is golden and sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes.