Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice, quick meal to put together. I don't always add the green pepper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (or similar shaped pasta)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half or 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef in skillet with onion and green pepper; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl or pot, combine drained beef mixture and drained noodles. Stir in crushed tomatoes, creamed corn, half and half, 1 cup of the cheese, and spices. Mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased/sprayed 13 " x 9" inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
I thought this recipe was just ok. I didn't like the corn combination in this dish. Thank you for sharing, but I won't be making this again.
This was good but nothing I would make on a regular basis. My children ate it but said that I didn't have to make it again. There is nothing wrong with this recipe- it just was not to my family's liking. I followed the recipe exactly.
We didn't care for this. I wanted to gve this a five..but it was not anything I would make again. The taste just wasn't there.