Recipe by Dee-licious!
This dish is really cheap and easy to prepare, but really yummy!!! The kids will beg you to make it all the time. This dish was passed down to me from my mum, and we used to ask for it once a week atleast!
Top Review by Wineaux
Normally, I wouldn't rate this recipe, because I've been making it for YEARS! However, after reading the other review, I decided to rate it and to note that we enjoy the recipe very much. Of course, I use regular pork bacon (the recipe needs the richness of the pork). In fact, I would imagine that the turkey bacon is the culprit here, so if anyone is thinking of preparing this, save up your fat calories and use the real deal - not the lower fat turkey bacon!
- 750 g minced beef
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 500 g dry pasta
- 2 (450 g) cans condensed tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet.
- In a large pot, saute onion and bacon until cooked. Add mince and cook until brown and all lumps are broken up.
- Pour in the soup, add half a tin of water if needed.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir through pasta and serve.