Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite at my house. Its like a lasagna made with bachemel sauce! Try it you'll love it.
- 1 lb penne macaroni
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 large onion
- Boil macaroni as directions on the box.
- In a sauce pan melt butter and stir in flour until lightly browned, then pour in milk a little at a time stir out any lumps. Always stirring so it doesn't burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown onions and stir in ground beef until its no longer pink add in the tomato paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil a 9x13 pan and put some bachamel sauce on the bottom and then pour half the macaroni on top of that. Then all of the ground beef in the center and then the remaining noodles and sauce.
- Place in the oven for and hour or until brown.
Made this for a park-wide potluck (end of summer kind of thing) & my neighbors loved it ~ What the hey, they love most of what I make (Free food, I think it's called!), & that's great with me! A very enjoyable, comfort food, I thought! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]