Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple Portuguese soup.
Make and share this Macaroni & Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 14 cups cold water
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 whole onion
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- Peel the onions and garlic and place in cheesecloth, tie the cheesecloth into a bundle for easy removal later.
- In a large pot, add all of the ingredients except for the pasta. Cook on medium heat just until the potatoes are slightly cooked.
- Add the pasta and cook until pasta is al dente and potatoes are tender. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the onion and garlic and serve.