Recipe by Maryland Jim
This came for an old pasta cook book that I no longer have but my wife and I enjoy this recipe, so we have it often.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup drained sweet pickle, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 lb salami, cut into thin strips
- salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tablespoon salt to rapidly boiling water.
- Gradually add macaroni so that water continues to boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 9 to 12 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Drain in colander.
- Rinse with cold water: drain again.
- Combine macaroni, beans, sour cream, celery, pickles, pickle liquid, lemon juice, horseradish, and seasoning; mix thoroughly.
- Add salami and toss again before serving on salad greens.