Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super Easy made with ingredients you have at home. Can substitute Sausage with ground beef if needed and still tastes great. My small kids love this.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 1 cup celery
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (25 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- Finely chop the celery, onion and green pepper in food processor, blender or a mandolin.
- This way the kids will like it and eat it and you still have the flavor you like.
- Cook the sausage or beef with the celery, onion,and green pepper mixture till the meat is done.
- At the same time you are cooking the meat, cook the macaroni and follow the package instructions
- when done drain water and pour into 13x 9 baking dish.
- Add spaghetti sauce, cottage Cheese, and 1/2 lb of cheddar cheese shredded to meat mixture and pour and mix with the macaroni.
- Use the remaining 1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese and put on top of the casserole.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 10-15 min till cheese is melted through out.