Recipe by Butterbug
Super Easy made with ingredients you have at home. Can substitute Sausage with ground beef if needed and still tastes great. My small kids love this.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- 1 cup celery
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (25 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 lb cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the celery, onion and green pepper in food processor, blender or a mandolin.
- This way the kids will like it and eat it and you still have the flavor you like.
- Cook the sausage or beef with the celery, onion,and green pepper mixture till the meat is done.
- At the same time you are cooking the meat, cook the macaroni and follow the package instructions
- when done drain water and pour into 13x 9 baking dish.
- Add spaghetti sauce, cottage Cheese, and 1/2 lb of cheddar cheese shredded to meat mixture and pour and mix with the macaroni.
- Use the remaining 1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese and put on top of the casserole.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 10-15 min till cheese is melted through out.