Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and cheesy.
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Place in a greased 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat.
- Add cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard; stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over macaroni and mix well.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered, at 375 degees for 30 minutes.
Very nice, made a very large quantity and good leftovers. Next time, I think I would leave out even the little bit of mustard. A very nice side dish.
Nurse Di, this is another winner. We love mac and cheese. This dish was sooooo yummy. The cheese sauce was luscious, rich, and creamy. I would not change a thing. My family and I thought it was deserving of 5-stars. Thanks ;)