Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful recipe. Great for a hot lunch or as a side dish to the main meal, this versatile recipe is simple, inexpensive and filling.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook macaroni according to instructions and place into buttered casserole dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour and milk.
- Stir slowly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cube cheese and scatter over macaroni.
- <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Cover&v=56">Cover</a> macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs.
- Pour sauce over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.