Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I absolutely love this and it's so simple to make. My mom used to make this a lot as a side dish when I was younger. It's a comfort food for me.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like the Petite diced tomatoes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cook and drain the macaroni as directed on the package.
- Pour macaroni into a large bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir well to combine.
- Can be served cold or hot, I prefer it cold.
This is childhood comfort food. It isn't supposed to be kicked up *anything!* Only thing I do differently is to add some butter. This *isn't* pasta a la something!!!
I picked this to make as a side dish as it sounded so simple...I added some parmesean cheese and italian spices as I thought it did not have much taste...but a good quick side
This was one of my childhood favorites,. Haven't fix it in years. I really enjoyed eating it again. Thanks Shellbelle. Bullwinkle